We are delighted to welcome Berlin based dj and producer Jamaica Suk.
Long musician and experimenter, Jamaica Suk has fused her jazz and metal roots from the Bay Area California with a feel for soulful techno, a combination that makes her at home leading driving dancefloor workouts across Europe. With her own vinyl label Gradient and accompanying event series, atop extensive activity as DJ and producer, she has found in Berlin a platform for the breadth of her musical versatility.
In her signature distorted melodies and hints of melancholic bass guitar, you might hear where Jamaica started – studying bass guitar in her teens, play-ing in jazz and grindcore, math rock and shoegaze bands, before getting deep into the Bay Area’s house and techno underground. Jazz musician by day, DJ by night, she quickly became established throwing monthly parties at 222 Hyde Street and in grimy area warehouses. Technology was an early passion, too, including completing an Audio Engineering program at San Francisco’s respected Pyramid. That combination of technology and musi-cal chops, meeting with an intuition for minimalism and repetition from Reich and Pan Sonic to techno classics, perfectly set up the move to Berlin.
1. Mateo Hurtado – The Thorns Remain [Delusion]
2. Electric Rescue – 19002018 [Wunderblock]
3. Dimi Angelis – Spitzer (Shifted Remix) [ANGLS]
4. Manuel Di Martino – Sublimazione (Exilles Remix) [Persistence]
5. Fixeer – Ulawun [NewRhythmic]
6. Pfirter – Coherence [Stockholm LTD]
7. Giordano – Fluido Energetico [Soma]
8. Bas Mooy – Mist [Illegal Alien]
9. Jokasti & Nek – Filothei [KR/LF]
10. Juan Trujillo – Retrogrado (Vegim Remix) [Deadcert]
11. Joe Farr – Loss Agony (Danilo Incorvaia Remix) [Slam]
12. Manuel Di Martino – Sublimazione [Persistence]
13. Temudo – Annie Becomes Possessed [Eartoground]
14. Regal & Alien Rain – Acid Affair Pt. 01 [Involve]
15. False Witness – Devil May Cry (Henning Baer Remix) [E-Missions]
16. Helrad – 2.2 [Helrad]